The Urchin Lightweight Boat Anchor
is made with sturdy mesh and hard flukes. Fill it with rocks, gravel or sand for weight. When you're through anchoring, just empty the bag, rinse and stow. Holds up to 11 pounds of weight. This lightweight innovation is easy to use and no assembly is required. The Urchin is the mid-size of these anchors, which include the Squid (holds up to 15 lbs. of weight) and Shrimp (holds up to 6 lbs. of weight). Choose the size that's best for your uses.
When the Urchin is empty, you can turn it inside out and the flukes are stored safely inside the bag.
- The bag's diamond-shaped design causes the flukes to spread when the bag is filled for bottom-grabbing traction.
- The 10.5" flukes are made of injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced polystyrene for long-lasting durability.
- It holds up to 11 pounds of ballast, weighs just 6 ounces when empty, and folds to just 12.5" x 2.5" x 2.5".
- Anchor has a wider fluke angle to grip the bottom more aggressively.
- All the materials are compatible with both marine and fresh water conditions.